Asian food can be easy, especially if you cut corners like we do and mix up a few more stuff other than the original teriyaki sauce to produce this gooey taste! Try this Salmon teriyaki recipe which will give you a wholehearted meal in less than 45mins!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchester suace
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 lime (juice extract)
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers for garnish
- A few wasabi-flavoured sesame seeds
- Marinade salmon for a good 30mins using a mix of olive oil, teriyaki sauce, Worchester sauce and tabasco.
- Bring water in a boiling pan to boil and start boiling the jasmine rice (preferably use the ones that come in sachets for ease of use).
- Place a grilling pan on the stove and turn up heat at 180C for 3mins, placing the salmon once it’s ready.
- Add some more teriyaki sauce if you feel the salmon is getting dry quickly
- Once it’s grilled for 10mins from both sides, use the juice from the lime to slow down the cooking. Turn down the heat to a minimum.
- Within 10mins the rice should be ready; take out from the pan and serve on the plate making a bed for the salmon
- Once salmon is ready, take it out and place it on top of the rice, leaving some of the reduced sauce onto the pan.
- “Freshen up” the remaining sauce with 1/3 cup of boiling water in order to produce some more for garnish (it should be ready within 1min in low heat).
- Garnish the salmon on top, sprinkle with some sesame seeds and one last hint of lime juice.
- Dig in!