Juicy tomatoes, sweet onions, caramelized garlic, spicy sausages and fragrant kick from the sherry this dish can easily become a meal you just can’t get enough of. It really is good. I promise.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7-10 smoked sausages, (i think the best for recipe like this is turkey, chorizo or Andouille)
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup sherry (Pedro Ximinez works best or any other sweet dark sherry)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 300 gr cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 180°
- In a large non stick frying pan add one tablespoon olive oil over medium/high heat and add the sausages. Cook, turning for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and seared all over. Remove from pan and place in a large baking tray and set aside.
- In the same frying pan add the rest of the olive oil and add the onions, garlic rosemary, oregano and red pepper flakes IF using and cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly caramelized. Add the sherry, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for 2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray, add the cherry tomatoes and pour the vegetable stock all over. Place in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes until the sausages have browned and caramelized and the cherry tomatoes have softened and blistered. Remove from the oven and garnish with the chopped parsley.
Athens: Rey Pablo goes from South to North
Athens: budget gourmet Cretan cuisine and a vintage feel at Aster
BACK TO TOP