If you’re up for an indulgent, comforting, easy to slap together and rather messy sandwich than this egg and bacon bun sandwich has your name on it. All it is is a buttery soft brioche, slightly crisp smoky bacon, perfectly cooked yolky eggs and a touch of tangy, spicy and sweet honey Dijon mustard.
In one word, SCRUMPTIOUS.
- 1 brioche bun
- Butter, room temperature
- 2-4 slices smoked bacon
- 1 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp honey Dijon mustard
- Heat a skillet pan over medium heat. Once hot add your bacon slices and cook until just before crispy, 3-4 minutes, remove on a plate with kitchen paper to soak and set aside in a warm oven (90°C)
- Slice the brioche bun in half. Butter the inside face of the brioche and set the bread, buttered-side down, onto the pan used for the bacon over medium high heat and cook until the buttered sides are golden in color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan add the oil and turn your heat to medium. Once oil is shimmering add a knob of butter and quickly swirl to coat the pan. Crack your eggs on each side of the pan and fry eggs to desired doneness. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- You are now ready to assemble your sandwich. Spread honey Dijon mustard on the bun, add the one egg, layer half the bacon on top and repeat with the egg and bacon. Cover with bun and devour immediately.
News: now you can check in/out whatever time you wish at this hotel
News: an Eataly of things opens in Turin
BACK TO TOP