Here’s a very short and sweet recipe if you’re up for some light pasta.
- 400G RIGATONI
- ¼ CUP (60ML) EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 MEDIUM EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE), ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC, THINLY SLICED
- 400G CAN CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 2 X 100G BURRATA+, TORN
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan placed over high heat. Add the eggplant, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 4 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until the eggplant is tender. Add half the burrata and stir until creamy and melted.
- Add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the pan and toss to combine. Divide between plates and top with remaining burrata to serve.
Source: Donna Hay
Recipe: Homemade Choco Taco®-Inspired Treat
35 min (plus freezing time)
The Weekly Getaway: the wild winds of Serifos
BACK TO TOP