Making a delicious coconut curry has never been easier! Requiring standard pantry items, this versatile recipe can be relatively quickly.
For the veggies, I used carrots, broccoli and snow peas, but feel free to use whatever you prefer. Adding chicken, fish, or shrimp is also a nice touch. Just add the meat to the onion, ginger and garlic step ensuring that it gets cooked all the way through.
Serving the curry over egg noodles or plain rice is also an option, though the nutty texture of quinoa goes along nicely with the coconut flavor making it a nice hearty meal!
- Servings: 6
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ⅓ cup snow peas, loosely cut
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 14 ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- Fresh lemon juice (optional for serving)
- Fresh cilantro, mint or basil (optional for serving)
- Red pepper flake (optional for serving)
Wash and rinse the quinoa and prepare according to the package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the onion, garlic, ginger, carrots and broccoli along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and cook until softened, about five minutes.
- Add curry powder, vegetable stock, coconut milk and stir. Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the sauce is mostly cooked, add the snow peas and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the quinoa, garnishing with fresh lemon juice, herbs, or red pepper flakes.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker