Recipe: Pomegranate Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark
Everyone loves chocolate, we know that much. But we if you really wanna get creative about it here's a twist to your normal chocolate bar. Hazelnuts or almonds are almost a religion when it comes to chocolate; mint is also good and fruits are generally up there too. But pomegranate and coconut is our new thing!
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Freezer time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- 2. large chocolate bars (~250 - 300g)
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt
1. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and set aside. Also prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper that will fit in your freezer. Set aside.
2. In a medium pot heat about 1 - 1.5 cups of water.
3. Once boiling, reduce to medium-high heat. You want to mimic a double boiler so take a glass bowl that will rest on the rim of the pot and won't touch the water at the bottom. In the bowl place the coconut oil and chocolate broken into pieces until melted.
4. Remove the melted chocolate bowl from the boiler and toss in about half of the pomegranate seeds and the toasted coconut, and combine.
5. Spread the chocolate mixture on the lined baking sheet, Top with remaining pomegranate seeds as desired, and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the freezer until solid, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Source: Adapted from NYTimes