Recipe: Tahini Date balls, sprinkled with magic sesame seeds
We're all in when it comes to new flavors, new ingredients and, why not, healthy ones. And rightfully, most desserts are not any of that. Sharon Brenner from Records In The Den though presents tahini in a whole lot of different way than we're used to. Mix it up with dates, flax seed and sesame seeds and almost instantly you have yourself a treat!
- Servings: Makes 10 Date Balls
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cooking time (fridge): 10 mins
- Total time: 25 mins
- 8 - 10 large medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp semi-ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut
- 2 - 3 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
1. In a small bowl, combine the pitted dates, tahini, 1 tbsp flax and coconut with a fork. Mash together until combined
2. On a piece of parchment paper (for easy clean up), sprinkle and combine the sesame seeds, cinnamon, and remaining flax.
3. Take the date mixture and roll small balls with your hand, and then roll the balls in the sesame/cinnamon/flax mix. Voila!