Neighbourhoods: strolling around the historic, elegant and picturesque Georgetown
When the weather is nice, you can easily spend a whole day in Georgetown. Being hard to reach by public transport, the best thing you can do is rent a bicycle and ride there (DC’s distances are pretty short).
Home to the main campus of Georgetown University, it is a historic neighborhood located in the Northwest of Washington DC. Wisconsin Avenue and M street, Georgetown’s main streets, offer everything from upscale shops to Italian restaurants and cultural venues.
You can start your day by getting a coffee and some freshly baked pastries from Café Bonaparte and walk all the way down Wisconsin Avenue for some window (or actual) shopping. What’s also worth seeing, is the Potomac River, which forms part of the border between Washington DC and Virginia on the left descending bank as well as Virginia and West Virginia on its right descending bank.
Your visit is definitely not complete without a stop at Georgetown University. Its historic beauty makes it one of the most attractive University campuses I’ve ever seen.
When you’re tired from walking around and feel like having some food, you’re in the right place. All sorts of cuisines are available in Georgetown, ranging from fine dining to casual eateries. If the weather is nice enough, I suggest having lunch/dinner at the Georgetown Waterfront.
Whatever you do, Georgetown is undoubtedly DC’s most beautiful area!
- Georgetown University - beautiful campus, totally worth visiting
- Potomac river - a great place for a walk/jogging
- Shopping - from antique shops to high-end brands, Georgetown’s got you covered
- AMC cinema - the perfect choice for a Sunday night offering cozy atmosphere and recliner seating
- Café Milano - upper scale Italian restaurant with a nice outdoor setting
- Filomena Ristorante - an authentic Italian restaurant offering delicious food in huge portions
- Sweetgreen - for quick healthy salads and grain bowls with fresh ingredients
- Kafe Leopold's - Austrian café offering delicious brunch, lunch and dinner. Definitely try their signature dish, Leopold's Schnitzel
- Thomas Sweet - the best homemade ice-cream in town. Expect long ques but trust me, it’s worth it
- Cafe Bonaparte - a family-owned French café with cozy atmosphere and delicious sweet and savory crepes
- Thunder Burger - simple burgers in reasonable prices
- The Graham - a rooftop terrace with impressive sunsets, lounge beats and great cocktails!