Recipe: tricking and treating with a delicious Pumpkin Pie
Lucky enough to be born in Ioannina, the place that is famous for its pies with a variety of ingredients, pumpkin pie is the one that is so yummy, so easy to prepare it and can be presented to a dinner with friends and get so many congratulations.
- Servings: 8-10
- Prep time: 35 min
- Cooking time: 40 min
- Total time: 1 hour and 15 min
- 3-4 green pumpkins
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 small cup of rusk
- 2 cups of flour for all
- 1 baking powder
- 1 big small sliced chopped onion
- 500 gr feta cheese
- Very well chopped spearmint and parsley
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Wash very well the green pumpkins, rub on the rough side of the grater, squeeze them with hands and put them in a strainer to drain for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes put all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix them very-very well like kneading a minced meat.
- Take a baking tray, spread a few oil and then 1 small cup of rusk. Then pour the slop in the tray and throw oil drops and a few rusk on it.
- Bake the pie for 40 minutes until you notice the surface gets golden.